Visa and Mastercard
All our recommended websites offer many payment options to fund your account and withdraw winnings. One of the most popular payment modes is through Visa and Mastercard credit cards.
Overview of Visa and Mastercard
Visa and Mastercard are dominant names in the electronic payments industry. The US happens to be one of the largest users of payment cards in the world, with a majority of Americans owning at least one debit or credit card. The lion’s share of all payment cards in the world either have the Visa or the Mastercard logo on them.
Visa Inc. is a US-based multinational financial services company with its headquarters at Foster City in California. Mastercard Incorporated is also an American multinational financial services company headquartered in Purchase, New York. Visa and Mastercard are among the largest payment networks in the world.
Neither Visa nor Mastercard issue their own cards. They partner with other financial institutions, and these member banks or credit unions issue Visa and Mastercard directly to their customers.
What do Visa and Mastercard do?
Both Visa and Mastercard are digital payment platforms. They provide the system to process the online transaction but neither distribute their own cards.
Since they do not issue the credit cards themselves, they also do not determine the amount of interest to be charged on outstanding dues. Many credit cards come with their own reward programs. However, neither Visa nor Mastercard determine the amount or type of points that you could win for the reward program. The rate of interest or the points for the reward program is determined by the issuing bank or other financial institution.
So what do Visa and Mastercard do?
In layman terms, Visa or Mastercard are the middlemen between you, your bank or financial institution, and the retailer. They do the following:
- They check with your bank or the card provider if the transaction should be accepted or declined.
- They provide confirmation to the retailer if the payment can be made.
- They process the payment between the card provider and the retailer.
Visa and Mastercard credit cards are some of the most widely accepted cards all over the world.
What is the difference between Visa and Mastercard?
The truth is, there isn’t much of a difference between Visa and Mastercard besides the fact that they are both separate companies. There are, however, subtle differences in their benefits and rewards programs. They may also have different security schemes.
In some countries, Mastercard offers price protection. If you have purchased an item on your Mastercard and the price drops within the next 60 days, Mastercard refunds the difference in price. In some countries, Visa also provides similar price protection.
Since there is hardly any difference between Visa and Mastercard, it is best to choose a card based on the benefits that the card provider has to offer.
Are Visa and Mastercard different in terms of where you can use them?
Both Visa and Mastercard are accepted globally. If a place accepts a Visa card, it will most likely accept a Mastercard too. It is extremely rare that a retailer accepts Visa but not Mastercard or the other way round.
You can easily use a Visa or Mastercard either in the store or online almost anywhere in the world. If you are choosing either a Visa or Mastercard, you can safely choose either of them as both of them are globally accepted.
In terms of protection online, what is the difference between Visa and Mastercard?
Both Visa and Mastercard offer protection during online shopping to protect you against fraud.
Visa uses the ‘Verified by Visa’ protection scheme, while Mastercard uses the ‘SecureCode scheme.’ Besides the difference in protection schemes, there is no other difference in online protection provided by both the platforms.
Do Visa and Mastercard users get any perks?
Yes, both Visa and Mastercard offer perks to people who use their credit, debit, or prepaid cards. Both of them have a three-tier benefit system ranging from Basic to Premium.
If both Visa and Mastercard are similar, how do you choose the right one?
The credit card market has hundreds of different types of packages on offer from banks and other financial institutions. Different banks offer different benefits and perks and have their own terms and conditions. The type of card, Basic or Premium, also come with their own set of perks and benefits.
When choosing the right card, you must:
- Assess its usage. What will you be using the credit card for? Would you be using it regularly, or do you only need to make a one-time purchase?
- Assess your capacity to repay the outstanding dues. Using a credit card basically means that you are borrowing money from a bank, which means you are going into debt. Your bank will have a set of terms and conditions for repaying that debt, like charging interest and expecting the payment by a specific deadline. Also, the interest rates on credit cards are much higher than other debt products like home loans or personal loans.
- Look at the benefits that your card provides. Would you be using those benefits? If you don’t travel much, then choosing a card that provides travel benefits may not be useful. You may want to select a card whose benefits are relevant to you, like a card that offers insurance over purchased items.
- Compare the packages and deals that your bank is offering with the rest of the market. Choose a card that gives you the best benefits.
How do you deposit at a Casino site using Visa?
Credit cards, especially Visa, is a preferred payment method for most players due to its high acceptance rate. Each online or live casino has a different minimum deposit and withdrawal requirement. Before you proceed to make the payment, make sure that you understand the requirements.
To make a deposit at an online casino using Visa, first, check that the casino accepts Visa cards. This should not be a problem as almost all online gambling websites accept Visa cards. You may also refer to the recommended websites on WildWins.com and check out the reviews before selecting an online site.
Once you have chosen an online site, create an account on that site. Registering an account is generally free on most websites.
After creating your account, visit the deposit page on the website. The location of the page may vary depending on the casino that you have chosen. However, in a majority of such websites, you should find the deposit option on the main navigation page. Click on the deposit option and then choose Visa as your preferred mode of payment.
If you have shopped online before, depositing money at an online casino is no different. You will be asked to confirm your information like card number, name of the card, expiry date of the card, and the security code. Once you have entered the information, you would also need to put in the deposit amount. Make sure you are depositing at least the minimum deposit amount as stipulated by the casino.
Once your transaction is processed, your account at the casino will be updated within a few moments. Very often, Visa cardholders may be asked to type in a security code that they receive through text or email before the transaction is processed.
Every payment method has its share of pros and cons. Let’s take a look at Visa’s.
Pros of using Visa for online gambling
- It is accepted almost everywhere in the world.
- It is familiar to most people and fairly easy to use.
- Visa rarely charges any processing fee for online transactions.
- It is safe and secure.
Cons of using Visa for online gambling
- Visa can be a bit slower than other payment modes.
- There may be some availability concerns at certain casinos, depending on your card provider and location.
- Visa offers smaller bonuses compared to other deposit methods like Bitcoin.
- Some casinos accept deposits through Visa credit cards but not withdrawal.
How can you use Visa to withdraw from an online casino?
Withdrawing money from an online casino can be slightly more complicated than depositing money. These websites are quite careful when paying players out, and payments may not happen instantly.
Here’s how you can withdraw using a Visa card:
- Click on the withdrawal page of the online casino. Choose the amount that you wish to withdraw and select Visa as your preferred method.
- When withdrawing through Visa, you would need to confirm your identity. The casino may ask for some personal identifiers like a piece of mail or a recent statement with the sensitive information redacted.
- The timeline of the withdrawal process depends on the casino that you have signed up with. In most casinos, withdrawal is processed within 1-2 days, and the payout is made within 3-5 working days.
How to withdraw from an online casino using a Mastercard?
Mastercard is immensely popular among gambling enthusiasts who use it to fund their online casino accounts. Before you begin, it is a good idea to make sure that the website you have chosen accepts Mastercard. Also, be aware of the minimum deposit and withdrawal requirements of the casino before you proceed.
First of all, you would need to create an account on your chosen website. Typically, registering an account on an online gambling site can be done for free.
After creating your online account, navigate to the deposit page of the website. On the deposit page, select Mastercard as your preferred payment method. Hundreds of online gambling websites accept Mastercard worldwide. You may choose one from the recommended websites on WildWins.com to ensure that you only select the best, the safest, and legitimate gambling website.
When depositing using Mastercard, you would need to provide certain information before the transaction takes place. You would need to enter the information like the card number and security code before you enter the deposit amount. When you confirm the deposit amount, you may also be asked to enter an additional security code to process the transaction. Generally, you would receive the security code over text or email.
Once you enter the security code, the transaction is processed immediately. Within a few moments of the transaction, your online account will reflect the deposit amount.
Using Mastercard also has its pros and cons. Let’s check it out.
Pros of using Mastercard for online gambling
- It is very simple to use.
- It is a globally well-known mode of payment.
- Mastercard generally does not charge any processing fee for online transactions.
- It offers safety and security to your transaction.
Cons of using Mastercard for online gambling
- Some casinos do not accept Mastercard.
- Most casinos do not offer withdrawal options on Mastercard.
- The perks and bonuses are much smaller compared to other payment methods like Bitcoin.
How do you withdraw from an online casino using Mastercard?
Using Mastercard may have its limitations as most casinos don’t allow Mastercard withdrawals. Check with your casino first if they accept Mastercard for withdrawals, or you may need to use other banking options like a check or wire transfer.
In case your casino accepts Mastercard withdrawals, here’s how you can withdraw money:
- Go to the withdrawal page on the online gambling website. Choose the amount that you wish to withdraw and then select Mastercard as the chosen option.
- When withdrawing through Mastercard, you would need to confirm your identity, for which you may need to send an email or submit a recent statement with the sensitive information redacted.
- You would need to check with the casino about the exact timeframe for withdrawal. However, it may take 1-2 business days for your withdrawal request to be processed and another 3-5 business days for the payout.
The safety of your bankroll is one of the prime concerns of WildWins.com. All our recommended websites adhere to the highest standards of security for your personal information, as well as your bankroll.