An Introduction to Online Keno
When playing at the best US-friendly online casinos, you are sure to be spoiled for choice in the entertainment department. The selection of game types is vast, to make sure that you can find the perfect title to suit your taste.
If you are a numbers person, then you are sure to love Keno. Your combination of digits could set you up to win some amazing rewards and real money jackpots.
At WildWins, we endeavor to provide you with the best American-friendly online Keno experience. You’ll find all the information you need for understanding the game and also the best promotions and game titles to take your gaming entertainment to the next level.
What is Keno?
Keno is a popular number-based game that can be played at both land-based and online casinos. It is a derivative of the lottery, where the picking of random numbers is compared against a draw of winning numbers to provide the game outcomes.
If you can match various combinations of digits, you are paid out accordingly, with massive jackpots available to those who can match all their numbers effectively.
With Keno, you can play as many games as you like in a sitting, and all tickets can be purchased online at your favorite US casino. When picking your numbers, you are free to select up to 10 or 15 digits (depending on the game variant) of a possible 80 provided.
A number combination of 20 digits is then drawn by a sophisticated random number generator and compared to your combination. The more numbers you can match, the better your rewards at the end of the round.
You can choose fewer numbers too, which may pay off better, as you are paid more lucratively for 5 digits matched in a 6-number combination than for a 5-digit match from a 10-digit combo. By reducing your numbers, you are increasing your stakes.
Where did Keno originate?
Keno is a game that has undergone several transformations to arrive where it is, as a commercial casino game.
The name comes from the French word ‘Quine’, which means ‘five’ referring to a combination of 5 winning numbers. This is derived from the earliest forms of the game. The game concept originated in China and has been adapted from their earliest form of lottery.
The Chinese implemented their lotteries as a clever way to raise extra funds for the building of various infrastructure in the country.
In fact, it is said that the Great Wall was built using lottery funds. The governors of the day saw it as an alternative to imposing high taxes – a way people could contribute while having fun and standing the chance to win rewards at the same type. This out-of-the-box thinking by the Chinese is used throughout the world today, as many countries embrace national/state lotteries.
A crude derivative of Keno arrived on US shores with the earliest Chinese settlers and has since undergone some Westernized reshaping to produce the instant win game that we now enjoy playing from our PCs and mobile phones.
What are the benefits of playing Keno?
Keno, like all other exciting casino games, has some unique traits that appeal to its following. The perks of playing this number game include:
Keno is super simple to learn. You can play like a pro within a few minutes. There is little strategy involved. Picking your numbers and hoping they match is a chance-based exercise.
When you play Keno, you can conveniently set your budget. Before you complete your number combination, you can set the amount of money you want to wager. This means that the game caters to all budget levels.
Game Speed and Frequency
There is no need to wait for the lotto draw to come around once or twice a week, simply load up Keno on your computer and play as many game sessions as you choose. Each round can be played out in seconds, which makes it the perfect option to play during your lunch break or if you only have a few minutes of spare time in the day.
The fact that you can choose how many numbers you play with gives you the ability to determine the level of risk you play at and the size of the payout you receive.
Is there a variety of Keno games?
When you step into the world of Keno, you will notice that there is a vast number of titles available to play. The basic concept and rules of each game are generally the same. The main differences from one title to another include:
- Game themes: Innovative game providers implement various interesting themes into their games to keep them interesting. The qualities offered by the theme are merely aesthetic.
- Features: Some game providers implement innovative features into their Keno games, like multipliers and progressive jackpots, etc. These make playing the games far more exciting.
- Jackpot and Prize Ratios: The payouts and prize values can vary tremendously from one Keno game to the next.
- Min and Max Numbers: The number of digits you can choose may vary from one game to the next. Most games will allow you to choose up to either 10 or 15 numbers. The minimum size of the combo may vary slightly too.
Online Keno puts the power of choice in your hands in the greatest way possible. This is what players have come to expect from online gambling, and all the top game providers rise to the challenge.
What do all the top Keno games have in common?
At WildWins we are sold out to ensuring that you only have the best Keno software options possible. There are a few outstanding features that make a Keno title rank among the best.
Here is what to expect from the top gaming software:
The best games offer you handy tools to streamline your gameplay. Some machines will allow you to set the machine to AutoPlay, so that you need not keep on betting and entering numbers all the time. Simply select a combination of digits, set your wager, and then set how many rounds you want to play with those settings.
Another fine feature is the ‘quick pick’ option. Some games offer you the convenience of allowing the machine to pick numbers on your behalf. This will certainly speed up your gameplay.
Fair Game Outcomes
First and foremost, WildWins is concerned about fair gaming. The best Keno games promoted by us use tried and tested RNG software that provides 100% random outcomes, consistently.
The best games offer you the best rewards for playing. As a high-stakes game, you can expect to win sizable prizes and jackpots with Keno.
Which game providers make the best online Keno games?
- Realtime Gaming (RTG): This company offers some of the biggest non-progressive jackpots available online. You can select up to 15-digit combinations played in 5 different coin sizes, where the max payout could earn you a whopping $500,000 in cash.
- NetEnt: Net Entertainment is the benchmark for quality in the online casino scene, offering games built around fabulous themes with competitive math models. NetEnt offers both progressive and non-progressive jackpot Keno games, providing the potential for decent rewards for lucky winners.
- Playtech: Playtech is one of the largest casino gaming providers in the world. Their selection of Keno games includes classics that allow you to select up to 10-digit combos. Here, you stand in line to win up to 10,000x your bet in cash prizes.
Where is the best place to play online Keno?
To make sure that you play at the best and safest online casino sites for American players, you should stick with our trusted WildWins casino partners.
We go to great lengths to make sure that each casino we support is ethically astute and abides by the best safety protocols. Here is what we look out for in a top provider:
- The best software available, including certified RNGs.
- Authentic Licensing from authorized regulators.
- A good responsible gambling approach.
- Secure site security, using 128-bit or better SSL encryption to keep your data safe.
- Casinos that offer the widest range of US-friendly payment methods.
- Casinos that offer play in US Dollars.
- Online casinos that offer the best Keno-friendly bonuses and promotions.
At WildWins, we have taken the risk out of choosing your place of play. You can rest assured that we have got your back so that you can concentrate on playing the best game round possible.
What are the basics of Keno gameplay?
- Select your wager: The very first thing you do when opening the game screen is place a wager that suits your budget and bankroll management strategy. The up and down toggles should adjust your betting. The total bet amount should reflect in the betting display window.
- As we stated earlier in this guide, playing Keno is quite easy. You can get through each game round in a few short steps.
- Select your numbers: You will be presented with a grid of 80 numbers. You can set about selecting digits on the screen. As you select your numbers, pay close attention to the rewards display, as this will conveniently tell you what your prize potential is for any combo you might muster from the draw. If you would like, you can select that the machine picks your numbers for you.
- AutoPlay or not: You can select to use AutoPlay, where the machine will repeat your numbers and wager for the next few rounds.
- Commence with draw: Once you have selected your numbers and are happy with your wager, you can press PLAY. The machine will then begin to generate 20 winning numbers on the screen.
- Compare your numbers: As the winning numbers are drawn by the Keno machine, they will be marked conveniently on the screen for you so that you can clearly see your outcome.
Should you win any money on any given round, the funds will automatically be added to your current bankroll and a notification will pop-up and let you know how much you have won.
What are the top tips for playing Keno?
In conclusion to your introduction to Online Keno, here are some tips that may add to your experience as a player and give you a slight edge in every round.
- High RTP Games: Look for Keno games that boast the highest RTP possible. The higher the return rating, the better your chances of winning.
- Use Bonuses: Most deposit match casino bonuses are Keno-friendly, so be sure to take advantage of any good offers to help you extend your bankroll and increase your playtime.
- Number Selections: Try and stick to the same combination of numbers every time you play. If you keep changing them, you change the variables each time. If you stick with the same numbers, they are sure to come up sometime. Try and stick to shorter number combinations if you want to win better prizes more consistently.
- Responsible Betting: Always play responsibly. Set a Keno gaming budget and stick to it. Be sure to use the casino’s responsible gambling tools to help you control your deposits and betting better.
Wins are never guaranteed when playing Keno, but you certainly can position yourself for optimal outcomes when they do come in.