How to Use Western Union at US-Friendly Online Casinos
Sending money in a secure and timely manner has been a convenience available since the invention of banking. The enhancements in technology over the decades have simply made the process faster and easier.
Nowadays, it is not unheard of to send money around the world in minutes. At online casinos, digital money transactions are essential to unlocking the luxury of real money gambling.
The best online casinos partner themselves with a range of third-party payment services to ensure that their customers can select a method that suits them well, providing both safe and speedy transactions with minimal effort. One top-notch US-friendly deposit method is Western Union.
What is Western Union?
Western Union (WU) was formerly a third-party banking company that dealt in telegraph money transfers on both a domestic and international level. The company now brokers electronic transfers to around 200 countries in over 130 different currencies.
The company offers versatile services, ranging from in-person over the counter interactions to telephonic transfers, and online mobile app transactions. Each transaction can be funded directly from your bank account via your debit card or from your credit card facility.
For more in-depth information on Western Union products, you can visit our Western Union page right here on the WildWins site.
Is Western Union secure?
As one of the oldest and most reliable financial services around, Western Union takes safety very seriously.
Over the counter transactions are secured by the tightest server security protocols, while 128-bit Secure Socket Layer encryption guards the site portal via your mobile and desktop device.
For the safest transactions at WU, we advise that you stick to the convenience of the online mobile app. If you are not tech-savvy; you can always head down to your closest Western Union branch and make a safe transfer over the counter.
Is Western Union cost-effective?
While other payment solutions offer cheaper rates for their services than WU does, you must remember that you are paying for a great reputation and guaranteed transfers to the recipient of your choice.
The type of payment method you are using to facilitate your transfer and the sum of money you are transferring are all factors used in determining the fees.
Which games can I play at Western Union casinos?
Many of the top USA-friendly online casinos accept Western Union as a banking method. As such, when making deposits in this fashion, you open yourself to a diverse world of online casino games entertainment. You can play:
- Online slots: This includes thousands of titles, including various video slots, classic slots, Vegas slots, and progressive jackpot games. Slots are considered high stakes games and offer you one of the best ways of winning high jackpots and lucrative cash rewards.
- Table Games: Play a full range of skill-based table games, including Blackjack, Poker, Baccarat, and Roulette. You can even opt in to play the All-American classic, Craps, at many of the casino sites.
- Live Casino: If you want to experience a land-based casino vibe while playing remotely, you can load up live dealer casino games. Here, the action is live-streamed to your device and is hosted by live dealers/croupiers.
Can I claim bonuses while depositing with Western Union?
Like all major forms of deposit methods, Western Union depositors will be able to claim and enjoy the full array of bonuses and promotions on offer at a US-friendly online casino. To make 100% sure, you can gloss through the casino’s bonus policy.
With the ability to transfer up to $5000 every 3 days, the size of the bonus you claim is limitless, leaving the power of choice in your hands, completely.
Whether you are sizing up a lucrative Welcome Bonus or looking to take advantage of a Reload offer, Western Union deposits make it possible.
How do I make a casino deposit with Western Union?
When Preparing to play casino games at a Western Union casino that accepts USA players, you will need to register an account on two platforms.
First, you will need to register a casino account on a betting platform that accepts both American players and WU transfers. Then you will need to register a free Western Union profile if you wish to transact online, which is what we recommend.
Register a Western Union Account
- Proceed to the homepage of the Western Union Website.
- Click on the Sign-Up tab at the top right of the page or follow this link.
- Fill out the form submission with all your information as it appears on your government-issued ID.
- Once your registration is authenticated, you can Log-In and proceed to make Payment to get going.
For the ultimate convenience, we suggest that you download the WU app at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store, and then use your log-in details to activate the app and the power of transaction into your pocket.
Registering a Casino Account
Once you have found the ideal Western Union casino with the help of WildWins, you can register a profile in a few easy steps:
- Click on the Register/Sign Up tab on the casino’s home page.
- Create a unique username and password for your account.
- Provide your personal particulars on the online form submission.
- Verify your account via email or SMS (Casino dependent).
- You will be sent a verification message to let you know if your application was a success.
- Claim your Welcome Bonus if you so choose.
- Make your first deposit with Western Union.
Once the steps above are complete, you can move on to the final step in the deposit process.
Fund Your Account
Once you have a completed the above registrations, you are ready to make your casino deposit via WU. This can be concluded in several steps:
- Log-in to your casino account profile.
- Head to the Deposits/Cashier’s page.
- Select Western Union as your preferred payment method of choice.
- You will either find all the information available to make the deposit on the site or you will be asked to contact support for the details to conclude the transaction.
- You can now make your WU payment in one of three ways:
- Online via the WU site or mobile app(recommended).
- Over the counter at your closest WU branch.
- Over the phone.
- Once you have completed the transfer, you will be furnished with an MTCN code by Western Union.
- Contact support at your casino and give them the MTCN code so that they can allocate the deposit payment to your account.
Once the funds are allocated, you will be able to claim your casino bonus or load up your favorite casino game without delay.
How can I withdraw my winnings with Western Union?
There are casinos that will allow you to withdraw your winnings via Western Union transfer, but it will necessitate you contacting the casino support center to initiate the request. The casino will have to furnish you with a MTCN verification code for you to collect the money on your side.
If you are living in the USA, we advise that you use an alternative method of withdrawal, as the law prohibits transactions of this kind. Here, e-wallets like Skrill or Neteller may serve your purpose better.
What are the advantages of using Western Union at online casinos?
As a strong motivator to use Western Union at US-friendly casinos, the banking brand offers some great benefits to their services. A summary of these include:
As stated earlier, Western Union operates in nearly 200 countries in a long list of currencies. Finding your nearest branch should be a simple affair as there are over 500,000 of them worldwide. This means that you can wire money to casinos in almost every prominent region of the world.
Western Union deposits typically reflect in your casino account within a few hours. It is way faster to transact with this method than opting for a traditional wire transfer from your bank.
All online transactions are protected by SSL encryption, ensuring that all your information remains safe and secure on their service platform.
Customizing your experience at Western Union is a value-added perk. Not only can you choose to transact in over 130 currencies, but you can select to make transactions in a variety of ways.
What are the drawbacks of using Western Union at online casinos?
While the online mobile app can be downloaded free of charge, each transaction made via Western Union is charged at a rate dependent on the amount of money you are transferring.
While some casinos will allow you to withdraw your winnings from Western Union, it can take up to 6 days to process.